Ros is a specialist employment lawyer with 20 years’ experience in employment relations and human resources.
Her significant in-house experience gives her a practical approach which allows her to deliver strategic outcomes for our clients which are business focussed.
This approach is invaluable to the Dundas Street practice where she leads a number of key relationships.
Ros has considerable Industrial Relations experience which supports the strong leadership position that Dundas Street has in this space. In addition her attention to detail and ability to write succinctly makes Ros a highly valued investigator.
Admitted to the bar in 1997, Ros worked initially for Wellington City Council, providing legal advice to its Housing and Parking units, and then spent 8 years with EMA Central (now Business Central) advising, assisting and representing a wide variety of clients in a range of employment related issues.
Ros moved to Christchurch in 2006 to take up the role of South Island Human Resources Manager with Fairfax New Zealand Ltd then moved to a role as Senior Solicitor in the Palmerston North office of Business Central.
In 2016 Ros was recognised by international ratings agency Legal 500 as one of just 7 "Next generation" employment lawyers in New Zealand.
Ros’ areas of expertise include:
- Collective bargaining and industrial relations;
- Disciplinary and performance management processes;
- Privacy and human rights as they impact on employment;
- Restructuring and redundancies;
- Personal grievances and dispute resolution;
- Conducting employment law training;
- Workplace investigations.
“Many thanks for this [investigation report] it looks extremely comprehensive and is beautifully written – exactly what I was looking for”
- Represented and advised employers on collective bargaining strategies and acted as an advocate in bargaining;
- Advised on and managed large scale restructuring and outsourcing in several industries;
- Presented multi-day employment law courses;
- Undertaken workplace investigations and produced independent reports;
- Provided support to employers on their day to day employment law needs and worked with them as a business partner;
- Represented clients at mediation and in the Employment Relations Authority.
Appointments and associations
- Member of Human Resources Institute NZ
- Member of Wellington Branch NZ Law Society Employment Law Committee