Organisational Change, Restructuring
“Excellent judgement in terms of understanding our business, yet ensuring our brand values are reflected in the process of dealing with employees fairly”
Dundas Street has advised on and managed large scale organisational change across a wide range of industries. We are regularly involved in complex change processes in both the private and public sectors and are seen as the “go to” lawyers in this area.
Because we have practical experience as employment relations practitioners that goes beyond just providing legal advice, we are better able to appreciate the business imperatives and take a more active and practical role in restructures than traditional law firms.
Our approach is to assist our clients to get their organisational design right from the outset to ensure that they achieve their desired outcomes with minimum business disruption.
Examples of successful large-scale processes we have assisted with include:
- Advising on the NZ Fire Service transition to Fire and Emergency New Zealand
- Restructure of senior executive teams at Statistics New Zealand, Housing New Zealand and Port Taranaki Limited
- Restructure of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade
- Merger of the Christchurch City Council & Banks Peninsula District Council
- Three phased merger of Civil Aviation Authority and Aviation Security Service
- Ongoing restructuring advice for a number of smaller public and private organisations.